Philip Rivers favored to sign with Buccaneers, Colts

by tampawired | February 5, 2020 11:18 pm

Philip Rivers[1] has spent the past 16 seasons with the Chargers. As the veteran quarterback weighs his NFL future[2] and settles into his new home in Florida[3] , the Tampa Bay Buccaneers[4] are now favorite to sign Rivers.

According to SportsBetting.ag[5] , there is a 66.7% chance that Rivers stays in Florida and signs a deal with the Buccaneers. The Indianapolis Colts[6] are right behind them with 33.3% odds to sign the eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

Speculation regarding Rivers signing with the Buccaneers intensified this offseason[7] when he moved his family to Florida after living in San Diego since he was drafted. While the Los Angeles Chargers[8] haven’t completely closed the door[9] on a potential return, the front office might prioritize drafting a franchise quarterback[10] in the 2020 NFL Draft.

The Colts are in the market for a quarterback [11]after Jacoby Brissett failed to impress following Andrew Luck’s stunning retirement. Indianapolis has reportedly started exploring the possibility of signing Rivers[12] and it could view him as the perfect solution to its woes.

While Rivers struggled this past season with 20 interceptions, he threw for 4,615 yards and is just a year removed from throwing 32 touchdowns with a 105.5 quarterback rating. If he lands with either the Buccaneers or Colts, both teams would become playoff contenders in 2020.

Published at Wed, 05 Feb 2020 17:57:38 +0000
Source: Philip Rivers favored to sign with Buccaneers, Colts[13].

Endnotes:
  1. Philip Rivers: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/players/philip_rivers/3240
  2. weighs his NFL future: https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/philip-rivers-retirement-not-an-option-willing-to-play-for-another-team/
  3. settles into his new home in Florida: https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/philip-rivers-permanently-leaves-san-diego-chargers-career-likely-over/
  4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/teams/tampa_bay_buccaneers/61
  5. SportsBetting.ag: https://www.sportsbetting.ag/sportsbook/futures-and-props/nfl-team-wins
  6. Indianapolis Colts: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/teams/indianapolis_colts/37
  7. intensified this offseason: https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/report-philip-rivers-could-be-headed-to-the-buccaneers-in-free-agency/
  8. Los Angeles Chargers: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/teams/los_angeles_chargers/45
  9. haven’t completely closed the door: https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/nfl-insider-refutes-report-chargers-have-moved-on-from-philip-rivers/
  10. drafting a franchise quarterback: https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/best-nfl-mock-draft-for-2020/
  11. are in the market for a quarterback : https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/with-the-manning-and-luck-eras-over-where-do-the-colts-go-from-here/
  12. exploring the possibility of signing Rivers: https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/colts-to-explore-idea-of-signing-philip-rivers-in-2020/
  13. Philip Rivers favored to sign with Buccaneers, Colts: https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/philip_rivers_favored_to_sign_with_buccaneers_colts/s1_12680_31234037

Source URL: https://www.tampabaywired.com/2020/02/philip-rivers-favored-to-sign-with-buccaneers-colts/